Self-Installation is quick and easy
This step-by-step self-installation guide takes you through the process of installing the MePACS Home Alarm system for your client.
It is designed for Case Managers and HCP Providers only. Please do not provide this guide to the client or their family.
The Home Alarm System must be installed at the client’s home. Once installed, the base unit should not be moved without first contacting MePACS.
Prior to installing:
1. Place an order
2. Have your mobile phone ready
The setup includes testing from different locations inside and outside the house, so you will need a mobile phone or a cordless telephone to perform the installation.
8. Contact MePACS Help Desk
After completing the above steps, call MePACS Help Desk on 1800 572 177 (from a mobile phone or cordless landline).
Please have the client details and the base unit number ready.
* The base unit number can be found on the bottom of the unit beginning with ‘M…’
Information for your client
After the installation is complete, please take time to show your client how to properly use and operate the alarm, including:
- How to wear the pendant, including in the shower/bath
- How and when to press the button on the pendant
- The usable range of the pendant
- How to perform the monthly pendant test
- If applicable, how to do the Daily Call, and what happens if they miss it
The Monthly Pendant Test
Testing the alarm pendant once a month helps to identify potential issues, but also helps the client feel more confident with the alarm, making it second nature when there’s an actual emergency.
- The test should be done on the same date each month.
We suggest using the client’s birthday as the monthly date, since it will be easier for them to remember.
- Use the membership card inside the MePACS Welcome Booklet to write the date for the monthly test.
- Place the card on the fridge as a reminder.
- To conduct the test the client has to press the button on the pendant and hold for 3 seconds. When MePACS responds just say that this is a test.
- As part of our duty of care, MePACS may contact clients if their monthly testing is overdue.